Thursday, July 5, 2018

Quick Write

In class this term we have been doing Quick writes for every word of the day. This days word was mump.

I set adrift to get away from my parents because they wanted me to act more like them. I set off to my room in our woodland cabin by the massive lake where when you are in the middle you can’t see the sides and it looks like the middle of the pacific ocean. I borrowed my Dad’s raft and set adrift out to the middle where i could finally be alone and do what I wanted to. A few seconds later the oars I was using slipped from my grasp and floated away from me. I sat up in the boat trying to find a way back but I couldn’t see the shore anywhere.
“Why did I have to be such a mump” I said to the calm blue water

My boat violently rocked and I saw the giant fin of something that looked like it came from a nightmare. My boat flipped and I sunk to the bottom like a stone. A few minutes of pure agony I saw the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.